Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm going off to Stockholm!!! Yes, after numerous near-misses, I am finally gonna get the opportunity to visit Europe. Well, depending on how you define 'near-misses', i guess that is pretty debatable. Since a 'near-miss' for me includes anything from deciding to visit but being too lazy to book, to flying through HK/Japan to Chicago instead transiting at Amsterdam/some other European city, I guess I have had many such near-misses.

But, enough of such crap. So I'll be leaving on Saturday, and hopefully returning on Thursday. This is supposed to be an official study/work visit, but one can always throw in some fun along the way. Since one doesn't get to go to Europe all the time, I guess allowing for some happening stuff is always pardonable, in spite of this being an official visit --- hence no leave need to be taken for this trip.

Over the weekend, John Kuang -- my ex-ACS(I) classmate, and current scholar too -- asked me to room with him over there. I'm not sure whether we get to choose our hotel roommates though, but if we do, then 2 ACS boys rooming together is sure gonna be a helluava fun. I can imagine this combination to be a sure recipe for waking up late, for morning calls being ineffective, for fun throughout the night, and for missing flights. I was just joking about the last one, since our return flight is at night, so no chance of that happening ... but if we were to fly back in the morning, I wouldn't necessarily discount that from being a distinct possibility. After so much hopeful deliberation, I'm seriously beginning to fret having to room with a RI or Chinese High boy in the event that they have already chosen roommates for all of us. Note ah: some information in this paragraph is intended to be taken with a pinch of salt; some are more truths than crap.

So I was checking out what's there to do over in Stockholm, and appaently they have a great nightlife. Even more happening, they have a section of the town specially for gays and lesbians .... akin to our own Boys Town in Belmont, Chicago.

Now now, I sure am looking forward to this trip. But first, I gotta start working on preparing my powerpoint slides for my presentation on Thursday. Now this sure ain't gonna be fun ....

lufCYC left this memory at 11:41 PM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard