Sunday, September 10, 2006

I just realized that the last entry was posted nearly 2 weeks ago ... well, it's been a pretty busy 2 weeks since. And in order for this site not to become obsolete, in much the same way Arsenal and Liverpool are nowadays, and which fate shall fall upon Chelsea soon once they are convicted for illegally tapping up 3 of Leeds United's most promising youngsters, I thought it best I write something here on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

So now's the time of the year when people studying in the US are flying back one by one, and people in NUS and NTU are going back to studying one by one, and people working are still working ..... The University of Chicago starts fall quarter Sep 26 ... and talking about the UofC, there was an update on its meteoric rise up the US colleges rankings in our monthy UofC newsletter.

"The College rose in two well-publicized rankings of academic institutions this year, regaining the No. 9 spot in U.S. News & World Report's listing of national universities and meriting the Princeton Review's No. 1 spot for best overall academic experience for undergraduates. "

For more on how the UofC climbed to No. 9,
http://uchiblogo.uchicago.edu/archives/2006/08/define_ranking_1.html

or to view a news report on how it got to No. 1,
http://www-news.uchicago.edu/citations/06/060822.princeton-gma.mov

While I'm on the topic of No. 1, it's amazing how Starhub is finally showing a Championship game on SCV finally. Finally, they are listening, and giving us what we want to watch, instead of what they think we want to watch. And the first live Championship game of the season features no less than the No. 1 club in Yorkshire, and soon to be Britain, Leeds United. It doesn't really matter who the opposition is, but just for the record, it's some team called Wolves. If you are a betting man, you can be sure I'll be in front of the TV tonite at 810pm. Nothing, and no one, will come between watching Leeds United and me tonite. Let's just hope the match has a pleasant ending .... no need to be too nerve-wrecking. I would gladly settle for a 5-0 victory ... a 1-0 win would be too traumatic.

So I spent Friday reformatting my hard disk. Surprisingly for a first-timer, the whole process was rather simple. I finally decided to do something after I tried clicking on the Internet Explorer icon, and the page loaded only after a minute. Coupled with the inability to watch youtube videos on my laptop, I finally decided that the time was ripe to give my comp a clean slate of health. However only after ensuring that I had all those stuff backed up into some external hard-disk, and I had that wireless card installation CD around, did I dare begin the reformatting. So kiasu I was that I even backed up previous MSN conversations ... just in case. So last nite, I was talking online, and I realized to my horror, that all those MSN emoticons which I had so faithfully collected from various sources had been wiped out. Not that I use them much aniway, but I just found it irritating that all those were now gone.

To end off this rather long entry, I should state that I think I am getting rather not so fit now. Played 2 hours of tennis yesterday in the morning, and was so bloody exhausted after that. The high tea later on in the day of course helped to alleviate a bit of the suffering, and I managed to drag myself back into lab at 6 plus in the evening to finish off some stuff. But boy, was I glad to finally sit back on the couch and watch Jose Reina comically concede that 3rd goal to Andy Johnson. Not that that was stupid, since I've made as stupid gaffes while trying to defend, ie. when I am actually playing defence for once. For this reason, I prefer my position as an attacking winger who, for the sake of appearances and team spirit, has to defend from time to time. This is just a joke, of course.

I'm getting sleepy again. Off to take a nap. A long week of work ahead!

lufCYC left this memory at 2:04 PM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard