Friday, August 25, 2006

I guess this would count as an obligatory post, with the last entry being exactly 1 week ago. So let's see what I can write about .... that's tough. Considering that I have skipped gym for the 2nd week in a row, after having so faithfully worked out to rediscover my lost physique from times past, you can probably realize how lethargic I am right now. As they say, easy come easy go .... so I figure it won't be that difficult getting back my fitness ... 2 weeks is all I need to get a gold standard for the IPPT which I suppose I shall have to take sooner rather than later.

Aniway, there is this festival called WOMAD this weekend, where arts, dances and music are basically the theme of the entire show. You know how I once thought WOMAD was a festival for all things women - women performances, jewellery bazaars ... and basically a lot of women of all ages. That set me thinking, then is there a festival specially for men too? Maybe there is some festival called MAD somewhere out there? But i figured naming the event MAD would be a mad idea in itself .... would it be for men only, crazy men and women, or simply maverick-wannabes? Now that I have finally grasped the idea that WOMAD does not stand for women dancing, I figured I might as well go check it out with a few friends tomorrow.... and at the same time, make OBB a resounding success for our returning Shengrong. The few of them know what I mean.

There is also this presentation by the SAMSU exco for the incoming freshmen at the University of Chicago GSB campus tomorrow. 30 plus freshmen this year .... what did we do last year to convince so many students to come to Chicago this year? For the record, UofC was recently ranked number 8 in the latest USNews undergraduate college rankings, which means that unless you're from Harvard, Princeton, MIT or Stanford, don't bother telling me you came from an oh-so-great undergrad college. Yes, NUS was nowhere to be found in the top 100, which logically means there are more than a 100 colleges worldwide with a better reputation and academic program that NUS. Yes, cheap thrill ... but what the heck?

So I am getting bored again, and I suppose this shall be the end of this entry. The next entry will be up when I next sign in to my blogger account. Duh!

lufCYC left this memory at 9:17 PM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard