Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wednesday just passed, but unlike last week, the Wednesday this week ain't a public holiday where I get to watch some 2 hr ceremonial parade.

So aniway, I just came back from dinner with a friend at Holland V. It's amazing how I choose to go there for dinner after work even though we practically go there for lunch every day ... except Saturday and Sunday. Take this afternoon as an example, we went to the coffee shop at 1st busstop. I chose to have char kway teow, but this being my self-declared healthy week, I refrained from eating those pork lard which adds so much to the overall taste. See my mental determination .... healthy week means no disgusting lard. Forget the char kway teow part, that doesnt figure into the healthy thing at all.

So after Crystal Jade La Mian and Xiao Long Bao tonite, I guess kuay chap is the only dish left before I can officially declare that I've sampled everything possible since I came back. This craving for la mian and xiao long bao came about since Monday as we were taking the shuttle bus back to Biopolis. As we passed by 2nd busstop, the Crystal Jade seemed to stare invitingly at me, as if imploring "Why havent you visited me?" Feeling guilty, I knew I wanted to go in there, but it seemed absurd going for a re-lunch at 130pm. Thus I made up my mind to go there for dinner sometime this week.

It always helps to have someone who can order dishes in Mandarin with you when you are in these Chinese restaurants. My directions to the waitress went something like this.

"Ehr ... wo men yao zhe ge ... ah, dui (correct) ... shi hao (No. 10)" (as I point at the menu ... no. 10 happened to be some vege appetizer which I absolutely had no idea what it was ... of course, it wasnt my idea ordering that dish ... let alone pronouncing it)
"Hai you zhe ge .... liu shi shan hao (No. 63)" (That's some la mian .... which I deemed too complicated and unnecessary to pronounce)
"Hai you ... xiao long bao" (now that's easy .... how difficult is it saying xiao long bao)

So the waitress repeated my order. Honestly I couldn't comprehend what she was saying, since she was reading out our ordered dishes in her funny Mandarin accent. Lucky HT understood, sparing us any embarrassment. After dinner tho, she had to go back to work ... not bad to come out and have a nice dinner b4 cooping herself back at the office once again.

Once I got back home, and was listening to the radio, I decided to sms in to try to win 1 of 7 pairs of tickets they were giving out for some mini-concert this Friday. Alas, after sending in my sms, I went to get the newspapers from my parents' room and saw that there was wrestling on tv. Forgetting that the deejay was gonna announce the contest winners immediately after the song had ended, I went ahead to watch wrestling. Only after had I returned to my room did I remember that I had participated in the contest. Damn! Now I will never know whether I did indeed win those tickets for Friday. Is my memory just getting worse with maturation (not age)?

lufCYC left this memory at 12:29 AM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard