Thursday, June 08, 2006

Finally, it's Senior's Week -- the week where the rest of the school takes their final exams and submits their final papers, while the graduating seniors go out and have fun. So the fun all started with watching the comedy show "Iraqtile Dysfunction" at the Second City. Interesting slapstick shit, the content of which will never be allowed in Singapore, under a Sinagaporean context. Imagine suaning the Singapore government, and the various races .... yeah, you get the point.

Tuesday, we all woke up early in the morning --- so early that I needed to eat breakfast to function -- to go to Six Flags Great America -- one of the best amusement parks in the US, with roller coaster rides, and vertical drops you can actually call exciting. So being worn out from all the activities, here's a picture of most of the Singaporeans who went.



Rides taken include:
1) Raging Bull
2) Superman - Ultimate Flight
3) Ragin' Cajun
4) Vertical Velocity
5) Giant Drop
6) Viper

We also took some other ones, the names of which I can't seem to recall. Aniway, note that I've linked each of the rides above, so you can just click on whatever fancies you, then go read about it, or watch the quicktime movies located on those pages (cos I am too lazy to describe each separately) . You'd so wish you were here.

Then, Wednesday nite, we went to catch the baseball game -- Chicago White Sox (defending world champions) vs Detroit Tigers. Score was 2-2 when I left early, but the moment I stepped out of the stadium, fireworks went off, which can only mean that some White Sox player had just hit a home run. That turned out to be Jim Thome hitting one to put the Sox up 3-2. The Sox eventually won 4-3, moving 0.5 games behind Detroit for 1st place.

Now, you all might wonder why would I leave the game early rite, considering the school buses that take us back to school only arrive after the game? Well, my parents arrived at O'Hare Airport in the middle of the game. So I had to go down to Chinatown to buy dinner for them (considering they must be so tired and hungry), and also to buy lunch for myself tomorrow. Aniway, waited in the hotel lobby for like 45 minutes before they arrived .... turned out their luggage was delayed. I actually anticipated that, so I brought a book along, but after reading 3 pages (and this is usually the amount of readings I do each week for Sosc class) I realized I was too shag to continue. Trying to look cool while sitting in the lobby is not easy ..... I gave up eventually and just looked like a cock with no where to sleep.

Aniway, I've got events lined up for my parents tomorrow. Architectual boat cruise and the musical "Wicked" are certainties .... I may bring them to the Art Institute too, since it's famous and I've never been there myself too. Aniway, I'm tired and gonna go sleep soon

lufCYC left this memory at 1:24 PM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard