Saturday, June 17, 2006

Whew ... I am officially back home. Here's the story. After an exhausting 24hr plane ride back from Chicago to Singapore, I landed at Changi Airport at 1230am. After all the ridiculous immigration and luggage check, I finally arrived home at 230am, only to find no one at home. My piss-ness and anger at that point cannot be described .... I was so looking forward to a good shower and proper food while in the taxi, only to find myself locked out of the house. Maybe I should have asked my dad to bring me a set of keys, rather than having to rely on the maid being home. But just like it had to be, I spent 10 minutes pacing up and down, thinking like a crook how best to gain entry into the house. After realizing there was no one to do so (of course lah ... if I can go in without a key, I might as well become my own professional burglar), I spent another 15 minutes kicking and slamming everything in sight, and then to calm myself down, sat in the car, horning away like nobody's business at 3am in the morning.

After spending close to 4hrs playing computer games while sitting like a cock outside my house, I decided at 6am to walk over to my uncle's place, which is where I spent the entire morning at. Fortunately, I still had MSN, though no hp, and so was able to cancel lunch appointments. Perhaps not showering till 3pm in the day was good, since it kept me from sleeping, and minimized any jet lag I might have.

Having finally officially gotten home at 2pm, I proceeded to unpack before meeting up with Gracie and Yihan at Wasabi Bistro -- a poser Japanese restaurant located in the Oriental Hotel. Folks, if you want good Jap food, Hanabi at King's Arcade is by far, a much better choice. The only interesting that happened during dinner, was me dozing off while the 3 of us were chatting, only to open my eyes with Gracie asking me "Are you awake?" Gosh, apparently I had been sleeping for 5 min while the other 2 were just talking away, which was why Gracie mentioned I suddenly became very quiet.

Aiya, then I fell asleep again watching the Argentina-S&M game later on. Well, although I am sleep-deprived, but at least, I think I have overcome the shitty jet lag. For today at least, I needa do some grocery shopping again at NTUC (after having bought ridiculous stuff like facial wash and Pokka green tea, but not any essentials yesterday), and then I'm off to join Cheryl at a pub tonite for the World Cup games.

lufCYC left this memory at 2:49 PM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard