Thursday, April 20, 2006

Beauty World was an amazing journey. Now that it's over, it seems as if something were missing from my every day routine. No more rehearsals till late at night ... no more waking up early on weekend to go Shoreland Ballroom .... no more communal dining with 40 other people. Well, here are some reflections.

Some things I used to say often during the past 20 weeks of rehearsals:
1) "Fuck lah ... tonite gotta be at Shoreland at 7 again"
2) "Damn irritating lah .... sit here and do nothing"
3) "Eh Brian, I am so glad to see you .... and the food"
4) "Wah lao eh Serene, u better lose weight lor .... now I feel it more whenever u sit on me"
5) "Sian lah .... miss wrestling tonite again"
6) "Wah lao ... she really have to kiss me ah?"
7) "So you like it huh? Ok, give Towkay Neo a kiss"

Now, I actually do miss saying these things. Every nite I am trying to find something to do .... besides reading up on work stuff, what else it there? Even finding dinner companions seems a chore, rather than a routine now. But, good things do come to an end.

So what have I gained out of Beauty World?
1) Friends, and more friends. I think BW managed to double my social circle lor. And not just non-sporeans like Caitlin, Mingzhu and Hannah, but also the freshie Singaporeans whom I nv bothered to socialize with
2) Late nights. Staying up till 5am every Wednesday nite (or rather Thursday morning) after rehearsals, finishing up Civ response papers (ie after spending another chunk of the nite deciding which pages to read), and then doing Cancer Bio problem sets all due Thursday. Well, that's why I treasure these memories even more fondly
3) Excess baggage (which always seems to find their way out somewhere). Late night suppers constantly increase the input of junk into my body, but amazingly, I maintain a healthy fit physique. Aren't the gals just envious?
4) Public performance experience. A good teacher in Andy Tan, and helpful directions from fellow members of the cast and crew all serve to build up acting fundamentals and stage excellence .... now that I also have Drama 101 to add to my resume, I think Hollywood is my next destination. Or mebbe TCS first????
5) Knowledge that ACS boys are not hum sup. People thought I would be perfect for this lecherous Towkay role .... haha, but I proved everyone wrong but showing them how difficult it was to get into the dirty mood of hum sup-ness. Guess ACS boys are all decent "scholars, officers and gentlemen" afterall.
6) An ego big enough to fill the size of Shoreland Ballroom, Mandel Hall and the basement of Mandel Hall? This cannot be true!

Well, now that everything is over (or is it?), lemme introduce some members of the newly-soon-to-be formed Towkay Neo fanclub.


Jennie (HK Representative)


Amanda (A*STAR Representative)


Lu (China Representative)


Quan Hui (Male Representative)

lufCYC left this memory at 6:13 AM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard