Wednesday, March 29, 2006

So this occurred at the post office yesterday afternoon, as I was getting in line to go buy a stamp to mail some stuff to Connecticut. I shall refer to me as Me, and the post office woman as POW. Specifically she is the one behind the counter doing all those post office stuff.

POW: May I help the next customer?
Me: Yea, can I buy a stamp to mail this to CT?
POW: That'll be 39 cents
(Me rummages through my wallet and digs out 30 cents, thinking it was 40.)
Me: Here, keep the change
POW: My boy, u need to give me more
(Sheepishly, Me digs out another 10 cents.
POW takes a look at my envelope and informs me that I have written the mailing address and return address at the wrong places.)
POW: Our computer reads these letters from bottom right to top left, so here, you should write the mailing address at the bottom right, and your return address at the top left.
(Feeling absurd, Me shows her my return address at the back of the envelope.)
POW: Oh gosh, you stay at the 36th floor, and you're giving me a penny as tips. My boy, you've got to give me more than this.
(Me gives a moment of silence.)
POW: Well, the view from the 36th floor is brilliant, ain't it? I used to love on the 10th floor, but that was the highest I had. I had 3 views: the North, West and East, but no South.
(Me feeling the conversation had gotten more and more absurd, agrees.)
POW: But you live on the 36th floor! What views do you have?
Me: Oh, I have the lake view and the city view
POW: My gosh, you stay alone?
Me: Nope, I stay in a 3 room apartment
POW: So you have roommates? All guys?
Me: Not exactly, we have a guy and 2 girls
(POW looks around incredulously, macam she see ghost!!!!!)
POW: So you live with girls? Look wat we have here!
(Me thinking she is siao. What is wrong with living with girls?)
POW: So are any of them your girlfriends?
Me: No, we're just friends, thats all
(POW and Me had more of this housing talk, while the other customers were just smiling to themselves, while waiting in line.)
POW: Ok, so you live with a guy and 2 girls?
Me: Ehrm, I am that guy!
POW: Oh, come back here boy! So you live alone with 2 girls?
Me: Yea
POW: haha, next time, you should just say this is my private business
Me: Well, I'm fine with saying this
POW: Ok, u take care, and enjoy living with the girls
Me: You take care too, n have a nice day

It was obviously more drama mama than that today, with the other post office people, and customers waiting in line listening to our conversation. Of course, I have missed certain stuff, but it was really a refreshing conversation. Really cool to talk! I think I have got some of that spark back!!!!!!

lufCYC left this memory at 4:53 PM

1 serendipity

1 Comments:

Blogger lip said...

you are gay

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard