Thursday, November 10, 2005

Talk about Thanksgiving break being just round the corner, well, I certainly am not thanking any of my professors for giving me so much work. Hell no, the amount of work I have this coming week is retardously ridiculous ... or ridiculously retarded if you prefer. Whatever, they mean the same thing. So much work I have that I am even doing my math problem set due coming monday today, while watching the Bulls game on TV. Worse somemore, this problem set is all about 3-D and 4-D functions, sketching them on some 2-D piece of paper. When my mind is not functioning as well as it should be, trying to imagine these functions and their regions of overlap is really really pissing me off. Having the TV in front does not help either. Not when the game is so close the Bulls end up winning by a point. No, that just fills my mind with more fuzzy images. When I am trying to picture y=1-x and z=1-x^2 overlapping in 3-D, I end up only seeing Ben Gordan driving to the basket. When I am trying to ask myself why this homework is so laborious, I end up hearing the game announcer asking "What do the Bulls need to do to win?" Crazy lah, one more question to go .... and I need to plan for my civ paper tonight too. From past experience, doing papers the day before deadline day is never too good. So no chance I'm gonna start doing up the outline for the paper tomorrow. Talking about tomorrow, we've got another Beauty World acting workshop. When will these workshops ever end? I'm already starting to get irritated by its late-night timings even though this is only the 2nd one. Well, I'm not going for physics discussion tomorrow, so thanks Annie, I need you to help me collect homework again.

People I know have recently been talking about music and arts and what not .... and I am not referring to Beauty World. So what better thing for me to discuss then about ironies? In physics class, the professor said that as a kid, he loved going through textbooks just to search for errors and mistakes in them, as a form of self-satisfaction. And he urges us to do the same too, and hints that there are several errors in the physics textbook we're using ... so no shortage of texts for us to look through. I felt like telling him there is no need for this, since the number of errors we can pin point in his lecture is more than sufficient to make me satisfied. Why bother reading and looking for mistakes, when you can just go to class and definitely hear such ridiculous "facts" he will say? Seriously there are so many errors in his explanations and examples, and yet the ang mohs still blindly copy down what he is writing on the blackboard. I am seriously amazed ...

And to my dear friends who are so concerned, nope ... I am not going for Fall Formal. Enjoy yourselves on Friday night .........

Since I am on the topic of music, and Formals, may I add that after listening to Jay Chou's new album - "November's Chopin" (an English translation for us ACS boys out there), I think 2 songs in there really strike me as touching and thoughtful. U all know I prefer slow ballads, which usually tend toward the sad side, so the 2 songs that immediately left an impression are 'Hei Se Mao Yi' and 'Feng', as most of you already know. Slow, romantic, melodic ... not the traditional pop and r&B music, but really really moving. I just listen to these 2 songs over and over again .... you all should too

lufCYC left this memory at 1:06 PM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard