Sunday, November 20, 2005

I don't intend to blog often now, but this one I think is too good, and too valuable to miss out. So this being a Saturday morning, I was naturally following the progress of Leeds United in another one of their Championship matches. Today, they were facing Southampton, one of Leeds' promotion rivals. After I came out of the shower, Leeds were already 2-0 down inside the 1st 30 minutes, and they had barely 40% of the ball possession. So I thought, gone case liao, so I closed the page, and went about doing my problem set. Being a lifelong Leeds fan, although I knew Leeds were going to lose, and it was only a question of the margin of defeat, I still bore some hope that they might stage a revival So I checked the half time score, and found that Leeds were 3-0 down. Shit! So I went back to my problem set again.

After half an hour, I thought I might as well just check to see how badly the game was going, and to my pleasant surprise, Leeds just scored a 2nd goal, to make the score 3-2. Being the die-hard Leeds fan, I was full of optimistic hope that a miracle could indeed happen, and so I was glued to the screen. When the score went blinking again to signal that another goal had been scored in the game, I was delighted to see that it was Leeds that had scored again. 3-3. And with 5 minutes to go, Liam Miller - an on-loan signing from one of Leeds' biggest rivals (I don't think I need to mention which club that is. yeap the one in red) - completed the seemingly impossible comeback by scoring the winning goal to give Leeds an amazing comeback 4-3 win. Reminiscent of Leeds' 4-3 victory over Derby 6 years back when they also came back from 3 goals down ... and also to Mark Viduka's 4 goals in Leeds' 4-3 win over Liverpool some 4 years back. It's great being a Leeds fan!!!!

So, 4 goals in the last 20 minutes. Rise from the ashes. I think this just goes to show the power of grit and determination and will power - what some people like to call the 'never say die' attitude. What Leeds exhibited in this game can similarly be applied to each and everyone of us too. Even though the chips are down, even though you may feel down and out, even though you think there is no one there for you, persevere and you will come out stronger. And this goes out specially to all my friends out there.

lufCYC left this memory at 2:12 AM

0 serendipity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile

Yongchun
.....................................................................
Name: Yongchun
Location: Singapore/Chicago
Birthday: 21 December 1982

Music

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007

Frenz

Adela * Adrian * Aiko * Alex * Amanda * Andrew * Andy * Audrey * Brian * Chenghua * Chen Xi * Dazhou * Germaine * Hanxue * Helena * Jennie * Jiahui * Joel * John * Konrad * Leeds United * Lijun * Lip Jin * Loy * Lu * Michelle * Mingzhu * Serene * Weiyi * Weiyu * Xiaodong * Yanxiang *

Coolest School

Leeds United Update

Leeds United
.....................................................................
Championship Scores
LEEDS UNITED 1 (Cresswell)
Luton Town 0

Tagboard